From: Sam James <sam@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [RFC] build some more deps before stage3 main show
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 00:11:58
1 > On 17 Aug 2022, at 04:18, Etienne Buira <etienne.buira.lists@××××.fr> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I came across build failure, where wget were missing. Although it's part
6 > of @system, it is probably needed to build @system itself. But might
7 > better fit in stage2, and used from there.
8 >
9 > Things are more complicated about diffutils, as merging ncurses reported
10 > many errors (because missing cmp, and the same script also needs sed,
11 > which is already there in this case).
12
13 What exactly needed cmp? I know I fixed an issue with the Python
14 eclasses recently involving that.
15
16 > I did not assess how serious the consequences were if ncurses is built
17 > without it, but builds that goes without errors tend to work better than
18 > with.
19 > I don't know if the correct fix is just to prebuild it here, or add
20 > diffutils and sed as BDEPS for ncurses (i did not assess the potential
21 > for circular deps either).
22 >
23 > Any thoughts?
24 >
25 > diff --git a/scripts/bootstrap-prefix.sh b/scripts/bootstrap-prefix.sh
26 > index 0d842f984b..add429f867 100755
27 > --- a/scripts/bootstrap-prefix.sh
28 > +++ b/scripts/bootstrap-prefix.sh
29 > @@ -2222,6 +2222,8 @@ bootstrap_stage3() {
30 > sys-devel/make
31 > sys-apps/file
32 > app-admin/eselect
33 > + sys-apps/diffutils
34 > + net-misc/wget
35 > $( [[ ${CHOST} == *-cygwin* ]] && echo sys-libs/cygwin-crypt )
36 > )