From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] openssh 5 mask
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 08:53:28
1 On 15-05-2008 10:45:56 +0200, Markus Duft wrote:
2 > Fabian,
3 >
4 > what about the openssh 5.0 mask? Could you check that again, please?
5 > It even compiles on interix ;) so shouldn't be too much of a problem.
6 > Also I get the impression that it's not much different from v4.7,
7 > since nearly all patches/hunks applied unmodified. Which symbols where
8 > undefined when you tried? What USE flags did you use? Maybe it
9 > compiles here because I'm missing something you had set.
10
11 It massively breaks on Darwin.
12
13 > I'd really like to have that on unmasked at least on interix. That
14 > would give us a large advance over interopsystems, which refuse to
15 > make their patches for 4.6 open. There would be no more reason to use
16 > their openssh binary package on interix.
17
18 Well, if you test on Linux, Solaris, AIX and HPUX, feel free to unmask
19 and move the mask to the darwin/macos level. If Linux and/or Solaris
20 don't work with it, I feel we should keep it globally masked.
24 Fabian Groffen
25 Gentoo on a different level
26 --
27 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list