From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] id in coreutils7
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 06:22:53
1 On 06-04-2009 16:23:10 -0700, Steven Parkes wrote:
2 > > Yea, there have been conflicting reports of coreutils status. For
3 > > example, http://bugs.gentoo.org/264007 - but other people can't
4 > > reproduce it.
5 >
6 > Hmmm not sure why people can't reproduce, unless it's a new bug in Darwin, because it's definitely a bug in Darwin. I added the details to the ticket.
7
8 I don't think it's a bug. I think coreutils recently started to try
9 harder to obtain the information it needs, thus for instance going into
10 an ldap or NT domain lookup, which just takes an awful amount of time.
11
12 > I don't know the approach to patching such things. Does prefix maintain patches for OS bug workarounds? I know there are patches. Including this kind of thing?
13
14 We do, and I think, judging from the bugs, that we should try to find
15 the configure flag that reverts this behaviour and add it so.
16
17 > There are a few possible ways to work around the bug. I put the details in the ticket. Happy to contribute the code ...
18
19 Ok, let's continue the discussion there, then.
23 Fabian Groffen
24 Gentoo on a different level