From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] creating a prefix.eclass?
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:18:14
On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 10:15 +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> Sort of responding to/being inspired by haubi's comment on -dev about > "inherit eapi 4", I wondered whether we should make a prefix.eclass. > > Currently we have eprefixify as function provided by Portage, and hence > ebuilds that use eprefixify cannot be straight ported to gentoo-x86. > Most notable are the eselect-* ebuilds that some gentoo-x86 devs like to > give full Prefix support, but simply can't because eprefixify (which we > would use) cannot be used in gentoo-x86.
Maybe indeed you're right, eprefixify is just an utility to help fixing package's code and should not be part of an EAPI.
> So, should we start an eclass with for now eprefixify in there, and for > every ebuild where we use it, start inheriting prefix and nuke the > function from Portage? Somehow I think this is a good idea.
In gentoo-x86, this indeed can help to integrate prefix ebuilds, even with EAPI 0. Just set EPREFIX/ED/EROOT if unset, in global scope. But the keyword issue still stands... /haubi/ -- Michael Haubenwallner Gentoo on a different level