From: Konstantin Tokarev <annulen@××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Gentoo Prefix on github ?
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 15:11:45
1 03.02.2012, 17:48, "Nicolas Pinto" <nicolas.pinto@×××××.com>:
2 > Hey guys,
3 >
4 > Please accept my apologies for the noise if this has already been discussed.
5 >
6 > I was simply wondering if it would be a good idea to put the Gentoo
7 > Prefix tree and bootstrap script on github.com. I found that most
8 > projects who moved there got a lot more attention than in their own
9 > corner since it is so easy to contribute issues, pull requests, etc.
10 > (e.g. HomeBrew [1])
11 >
12 > I understand that the entire Gentoo community is on a different
13 > platform (i.e. bugzilla / cvs) and is certainly happy with it. Does it
14 > even make sense to talk about it? Is it time to "upgrade"?
15 >
16 > Let me know what you think.
17
18 Do you really think that Github's bugtracker could be compared to Bugzilla?
21 Regards,
22 Konstantin