From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] lzma failing to find libstdc++.so.6
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:37:17
Hi all,

This is just a heads up on a bug that might hit you too, if you haven't
already resolved it.  I noticed this two days ago, and others
experienced the same.

After updating gcc you might end up with broken tools, like lzma-utils.
This is due to a change we made to gcc-config with regard to where
gcc-libs are made available in the system.  Because the location
changed, an old lzma (compiled before binutils-config and gcc-config
were updated for this change) will not be able to find the right
libstdc++.so.6 any more.  There is nothing you can do about this apart
from recompiling the tool that fails, lzma-utils in this case.  It may
be more applications though.

We needed the change to better cope with gcc upgrades and multiple gcc's
available in the system.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level