From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [AIX] subversion failures
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:32:38
1 On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 11:51 -0600, Jeremy wrote:
2 > On Nov 7, 2007 3:34 PM, Marshall McMullen <marshall.mcmullen@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I'm really at a loss here. I did inspect the directories that were failing,
4 > > and they don't look any different than ones that updated correctly. Just to
5 > <snip>
6 >
7 > The only thing I have to add is that just today I tried manually
8 > compiling svn on AIX 5.3 and it works. I used portage to install all
9 > the deps and then did svn myself.
10
11 Yes, because unlike portage you didn't install using DESTDIR:
12 $ make install DESTDIR=/some/temporary/location
13
14 (portage depends on this feature)
17 > I hate to bring up such an old topic but does anyone have any ideas on
18 > how to make the ebuild work since we can confirm that svn works on
19 > this platform.
20
21 Unfortunately did not find time to dig into that problem yet...
22
23 /haubi/
24 --
25 Michael Haubenwallner