From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: [Q on OpenSolaris] Why does make think the flex makefile has an unexpected end of line?
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:21:40
1 On 24-06-2008 08:09:35 +0200, Markus Duft wrote:
2 > >
3 > > Maurice Volaski wrote:
4 > > > I fixed it by emerge-ing Gentoo's make. Seems there is a bug in the
5 > > make
6 > > > program in OpenSolaris. I guess I would amend the directions at
7 > > > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/bootstrap-solaris.xml
9 > > > emerge make before emerging flex. :-)
10 > >
11 > > IMHO, I think make should be bootstrapped in code listing 1.3. On the
12 > > 'spartan' OS's, I have seen problems with the native make (non-GNU)
13 >
14 > Haha... sometimes native make is simply not usable IMHO :) I
15 > experienced some cool behaviours with some of them, like simply
16 > stopping compilation in a directory without error and trying to
17 > continue somewhere else - of course failing, because whole libs where
18 > missing. Be thankfull that there was an error, that’s easier to find I
19 > guess ;)
20
21 Well, I guess all of you didn't notice that the bootstrap script
22 creates a symlink to gmake, called "make" in the tmp directory. That is
23 why setting up your path is important.
24
25 > Also I thought gmake was a requirement for prefix...? or do I mess
26 > this up with prefix-launcher? (this one needs it for sure... native
27 > make cannot even parse the first 20 lines of the makefiles :))
28
29 Yes, therefore the bootstrap-prefix.sh script makes sure you're using
30 gmake if the native make isn't sufficient.
34 Fabian Groffen
35 Gentoo on a different level
36 --
37 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list