From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] upgrading packages with EAPI=prefix 1?
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 16:00:42
On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 17:36 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 17-04-2009 10:46:27 +0200, Markus Duft wrote: > > i forgot to mention: on interix and hp-ux, busy files cannot be deleted, > > so there is a bashrc hook, which has some mv magic to mv/cp files around > > as that unmerging is possible... seems that hook is not called since the > > EAPI doesn't match... > > ok, that sucks big time.
ok... following this upgrade path from an old prefix should work: emerge -avuDe world emerge -avuD world :) this merges the last hybrid portage (the other one is masked by EAPI, at least thats true for me...(??)), and after that uses that portage to reinstall/update all packages. after that a normal update will give the newest portage. if the new portage is not masked by EAPI, that would be a problem. you'd need to manually mask it while doing the -avuDe world. the only problem is that the -avuDe world should never be stopped, since otherwise a recalculation of dependencies will cause the non-hybrid portage to be merged, which will (possibly) destroy (some) installed packages - or at least prevents upgrades to run through smooth. Should we provide some docs somewhere about this? Cheers, Markus