From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] No gcc found, after eselect profile
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 18:34:05
1 On 10-03-2018 16:42:38 +0100, Askar Bektassov (Аскар Бектасов) wrote:
2 > Hi Fabian,
3 >
4 > OK, so I decided to bootstrap a new prefix instance. So far, so good. I guess,
5 > bootstrap process has already started stage2.
6 >
7 > Besides, apparently High Sierra developers do not allow anymore using ftp, due
8 > to safety concerns [1]. Therefore, I suggest revisiting the bootstrap guide [2]
9 > and include in the bootstrap-bash.sh script the option to use curl, if ftp is
10 > not available. Attached a slightly modified version, for your consideration.
11
12 Thanks, I noticed this too. bash-4.2 is almost nowhere available, so
13 I'm thinking about how to improve this situation, because it's really
14 annoying to deal with it manually like youd did.
15
16 I'll apply your change for the time being.
17
18 Thanks,
19 Fabian
23 Fabian Groffen