From: Alan Hourihane <alanh@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Can we bring in net-misc/ntp-4.2.6_p3 into prefix ?
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 08:46:24
1 On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 23:10 -0500, Jacob Godserv wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 15:28, Alan Hourihane <alanh@×××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > > Oh, and Jeremy, I would love to help out.
4 > >
5 > > But the big hurdle is the tests involved to get Gentoo developer status,
6 > > and the research needed to pass them. Ugh.
7 >
8 > You don't have to be a developer to help out. Just file bug reports
9 > and possibly fixes. The developer can just review at that point and
10 > commit. You'd do the bulk of the work. That's how I've been doing it
11 > for some time since I cannot consistently commit to developer-related
12 > responsibilities myself.
13
14 I already do this.
15