From: Burcin Erocal <burcin@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] portage modifications for prefix
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 07:59:02
1 Hi,
2
3 I am trying to automate the bootstrapping process for gentoo-prefix as
4 much as possible, partly based on the instructions here:
5
6 http://dev.gentoo.org/~darkside/prefix/gentoo/bootstrap-gentoo.xml
7
8 However, I want this to work on linux flavors other than gentoo and the
9 python-2.6 requirement of portage is causing problems.
10
11 One way to work around this is to use one of the portage variants
12 at least for the bootstrap stage. AFAICT, pkgcore seems to support
13 python-2.4.
14
15 Is there a list of modifications that were merged in portage to get it
16 to work with the prefix tree? How much work would it be to make pkgcore
17 or paludis support these?
20 Cheers,
21 Burcin