From: Ruud Koolen <redlizard@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Names of Prefix variants
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 15:33:57
1 On Monday 18 November 2013 10:24:46 Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 18-11-2013 05:28:33 +0100, Ruud Koolen wrote:
3 > > I will create a common base for the two variant profiles in
4 > > features/prefix, with both variant profiles inheriting it. After all, the
5 > > majority of profile hacks in the current prefix profiles would apply in
6 > > full force in prefix-standalone.
7 > >
8 > > Unless there are any complaints, I'm planning to make all this a reality
9 > > in a few days.
10 >
11 > I guess you did think about this, but just to be sure; you do make sure
12 > non-Linux profiles will keep on running fine, right?
13
14 Of course.
15
16 > Also, the proposed solution allows to do the same on non-Linux platforms
17 > too, right (e.g. SCU on Darwin).
18
19 I have no idea what SCU is, but the proposed solution allows a standalone
20 variant profile on any system for which we have a libc.
21
22 -- Ruud