From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Getting Ruby 1.9.x over to Gentoo Prefix
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:32:43
1 Svoop wrote:
2 > Hi Jeremy
5 > Jeremy Olexa-3 wrote:
6 >> And now you can update those instructions to use layman instead ;-)
7 >> %% layman -i ruby-overlay
10 > Really? I thought it's not possible to use overlays with Gentoo Prefix. Have
11 > I missed anything? Where can I get more info about that?
12 >
13 > Cheers, -sven
14
15 No one ever said that. We can do overlays just fine, but they have to be
16 tailored to Gentoo Prefix (else they are no use). This is *why* I
17 suggested a public overlay in the first place. See the second paragraph
18 of my initial response:
19 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.alt/4494/focus=4495
20
21 I'm not sure what more info you want? layman in Gentoo Prefix is just
22 like layman in Gentoo.
23
24 -Jeremy