From: Greg Trigg <trigggl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] AIX and gcc
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 14:55:55
1 As previously mentioned to certain people, I'm trying to do a Prefix
2 install on an RS/6000 running AIX 5.2. Unfortunately, the only gcc
3 package version I've found for 5.2 is 3.3.2.0. IBM offers 4.2.0, but
4 only for AIX 5.3 and above. Naturally I have a few questions.
5
6 Can xlc be used to install a more recent gcc? Where is xlc installed?
7 Is it used automatically? Smit claims that it's already installed, but
8 I can't find it anywhere.
9
10 Is gcc 3.3.2 sufficient to build a more recent gcc?
11
12 Is it feasible to cross build an AIX gcc on a Gentoo Linux ppc64?
16 Greg Trigg
17 Jacksonville, AR
21 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list