From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Mono on OS X
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 06:38:15
1 On 19-09-2010 15:57:18 -0700, Logan Bowers wrote:
2 > cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-arch"
3 > cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-arch"
4 >
5 > It looks like they're setting some flags in the 'configure' script if the host is darwin:
6 >
7 > case "$host" in
8 > i*86-*-darwin10*)
9 > BROKEN_DARWIN_FLAGS="-arch i386 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -mmacosx-version-min=10.5"
10 >
11 > If I remove '-arch i386' , the ebuild compiles properly. It appears to be an arg unique to Apple's version of gcc (?).
12
13 Not really, but since our compiler isn't multilib, I think it doesn't
14 grok it.
15
16 > So what's teh best way to fix and submit this? I can make a patch file that the ebuild applies and post a diff. Is there a better way to get the change into the tree? Thanks!
17
18 Hard to come up with a generic patch. Our compiler is custom, so better
19 just use a sed statement to rip the -arch .* out, we know we don't need
20 it, since our compiler already respects the i?86 part in it's full
21 CHOST.
25 Fabian Groffen
26 Gentoo on a different level