From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] bootstrapping on amd64-linux: usr/lib symlinked to usr/lib64?
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 16:02:54
1 On 12-06-2008 11:00:27 -0500, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2 > > That feels no good. Maybe we can just investigate how to get rid of
3 > > lib64 in amd64-linux profiles, as part of a nice summer-cleaning in
4 > > linux land.
5 >
6 > Hmm, I would like it to be like any other normal installation as well.
7 > How do we go about starting this process? You say that lib & lib64
8 > come from baselayout?
9
10 I'm currently looking at the amd64 profile, which is quite complicated.
11 I'll have to look through some code to see where e.g. get_libdir gets
12 the libdir from. The idea: if we would empty the amd64 profile to be
13 like e.g. the x86 profile, would it just do what we want without having
14 to change anything such that we do not affect gentoo-x86.
18 Fabian Groffen
19 Gentoo on a different level
20 --
21 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list