From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] prefixed gentoo for cross-compile (question)
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 02:03:16
1 Hello Piergiorgio
2
3 On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 1:10 AM, Piergiorgio Beruto <
4 piergiorgio.beruto@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 I'm an embedded sw developer already used to gentoo and portage.
7 >
8 > I am wondering whether gentoo prefix could help me in the following: I
9 > would like to use portage to cross compile some base linux packages
10 > plus some board specific applications for a different number of boards
11 > each requiring their own patches and packages, with a huge amount of
12 > code to be shared among them.
13 >
14 > Have you guys any suggestion about my problem? That would save a lot
15 > of users to keep developing new build systems and re-inventing the
16 > wheel each time! Also they would never come to something as good and
17 > featured as portage.
20 Sorry to bring this up again months later. Did you succeeded finally?
21
22 I have came across a solution for building cross compile toolchains in
23 Prefix last year.
24
25 It was briefly noted here:
26