From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Gentoo with musl
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 08:20:36
Hi Valentin,

On 30-06-2011 12:04:13 +0200, Valentin Ochs wrote:
> I'm trying to create an installation of gentoo that uses [musl libc] > instead of glibc. So far I have a working environment with a fresh > portage install. Next I want to install some basic packages that're > probably going to overwrite existing files. So I'd like to know the > preferred way of changing packages for alt projects. gcc for example > depends on glibc, but I won't install that, and ncurses needs a patch to > become POSIX compliant.
I have no experience (apart from a bad one, long time ago) with installing a libc in a Gentoo Prefix install. You are most probably looking for something like Gentoo/FreeBSD, whith which I don't have much experience either. Please see if you can find out how they did their work. I'm sorry not to be able to help you more. Regards, -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo on a different level