From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Proposal: use git instead of rsync for syncing of prefix portage tree
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 21:03:50
1 On 21-01-2012 23:44:18 +0400, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
2 > Advantage: much faster emerge --sync
3
4 proof?
5
6 > Possible migration path:
7 > 1) git init in master mirror of prefix portage tree
8 > 2) deliver files of initial .git repository via rsync
9
10 the prefix neither the main tree aren't even in git, so it would only be
11 artificial bloat that keeps history with a non-existing/hard upgrade
12 path that's going to disappear as soon as we no longer need our overlay
16 Fabian Groffen
17 Gentoo on a different level