From: "François Bissey" <francois.bissey@×××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] rap experiments
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 22:22:17
1 On 24/01/17 09:14, François Bissey wrote:
2 > On 24/01/17 03:40, X dej wrote:
3 >> My usual dirty fix: mv $EPREFIX/chown $EPREFIX/chown-moved ; ln -s
4 >> touch $EPREFIX/chown
5 >>
6 >> In prefix, the portage user is not root.
7 >>
8 >> (I usually do the same for chgrp)
11 > Yes I know in prefix we are not root. I haven't had that problem
12 > before in a traditional prefix.
13 > Did you forget a bit in your first line?
14 > "ln -s" what? "ln -s `which chown` $EPREFIX/"?
17 I worked it out. It was my setup. Prefix is geared to
18 individual user but I intended to expose the prefix
19 to other users on the system so I had put it in a folder
20 owned by root. And portage is picking up the owner
21 of the prefix root folder as the user for its chown
22 command... Boom.
23
24 Moving on.
25