From: Burcin Erocal <burcin@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] portage bug ?
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 09:43:36
1 On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 21:05:20 +0200
2 Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 29-08-2011 11:42:03 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
5 > > On 29-08-2011 11:30:46 +0200, Burcin Erocal wrote:
6 > > > > "--dir-file=%s/dir %s/%s" % (EPREFIX, inforoot, inforoot,
7 > > > > x))[1] TypeError: not all arguments converted during string
8 > > > > formatting
9 > > >
10 > > > I also ran into this last week. The following patch fixes the
11 > > > problem for me. It seems to be introduced in the prefix version
12 > > > of portage.
13 > > >
14 > >
15 > > Thanks, there was a bug about it, I now see there is a ) missing.
16 > > I'll apply your patch soon.
17 >
18 > I've been looking at default, and didn't find extra parenthesis there,
19 > so I tried the following. Does that work for you?
20 >
21 > http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/portage.git;a=commitdiff;h=749ef8e20137bede1a9824448b2676224b06f71b;hp=5b6156b085ab5ae518fa6c4ed9b2e2c5b75fd184
22 > or
23 > http://prefix.gentooexperimental.org:8000/portage-prefix/rev/4e2a4854863a
24
25 I didn't have time to test the patch myself, since we already have a
26 report of it not working, here is a justification for my patch...
27
28 AFAICT, the original error message indicates that more arguments are
29 provided to % than there are place holders in the string. The +
30 operator has lower precedence than %, so the string is not concatenated
31 with the part on the previous line. Note that the string in the error
32 message has 3 place holders only, the fourth should come from the line
33 above. I added parenthesis around the string addition to fix the
34 precedence problem.
37 Cheers,
38 Burcin