From: Peter Abrahamsen <rainhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] OS X launchd DISPLAY environment variable
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 18:25:50
1 OMG, thanks so much for finding this. I had aliased vim to vim -X out
2 of frustration.
3
4 Peter
5
6 On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 11:10 PM, John Gibson <jgibson@×××××.org> wrote:
7 > I recently upgraded to 10.5 and had to rebootstrap.  After doing so, X11
8 > apps installed to my prefix yielded errors like this:
9 > Can't connect to display `/tmp/launch-ICEBGq/:0': Invalid argument at...
10 >
11 > See here for some more info:
12 > http://lists.apple.com/archives/x11-users/2008/Nov/msg00089.html
13 >
14 > With xhost tweaking I got stuff to work by doing this:
15 > DISPLAY=localhost:0.0.
16 >
17 > I looked into the libX11 configure script and found this:
18 >  --with-launchd          Build with support for Apple's launchd (default:
19 >                          auto)
20 >
21 > Apparently the auto detection didn't work.  I forced the switch on with a
22 > new USE flag (see the attached patch) and the launchd-specific DISPLAY
23 > variable worked.
24 >
25 > Is the USE flag the right approach?  Can we default the switch to be on for
26 > macos?
27 >
28 > John