From: "François Bissey" <francois.bissey@×××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-alt <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-alt] gcc on OS X
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 03:03:59
1 Hi,
2
3 I have currently a prefix on OS X and I use gcc-apple. I tried a couple
4 of times to use vanilla gcc which is currently masked but I had problems.
5
6 Why do we have such problem with vanilla gcc? Why doesn't it just work?
7 I have just come across an ebuild in the science overlay where gcc-4.4+ is
8 necessary (or clang-3.1 according to the doc of the package).
9 I managed to emerge it by doing "CC=clang emerge -uv openblas" after
10 emerging clang-3.1 but sooner or later we'll want to default to a more
11 modern compiler be it gcc or clang for that prefix.
12
13 Francois