From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] gawk failing prefix-launcher-1.2 on AIX
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 20:52:45
1 On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Greg <trigggl@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >> Have you looked at this:
3 >> http://prefix-launcher.wiki.sourceforge.net/howto+install+prefix+launcher
4 >>
5 >> Looks related to your error.
8 > It does look like this is what I need. Starting over. Will keep you
9 > posted.
10
11 Bingo. I bugged haubi enough that 'we' figured it out (mainly him) and
12 he put it on the sf site ;-)
13
14 > 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
15 > /usr/local/src/prefix-launcher-1.2/buildroot/tar/tar-1.15.1/configure.rej
16
17 Don't get overly concerned about this. Do get concerned if a package
18 doesn't compile. ;-) I'm not sure if it is by design or what but I
19 have seen these errors as well and everything works in the end.
20 Remember that prefix-launcher is just a kickstart to bootstrap the
21 basic utils with patches that are needed for the 'weird' OS's (like
22 AIX). prefix-launcher is akin to the bootstrap guide all rolled up
23 into a script. It would be difficult to use the bootstrap guide
24 produced by grobian on AIX because apps on AIX need many patches to
25 get working which would involve alot of manual work. Not fun.
26
27 HTH,
28 Jeremy
29 --