From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [prefix] fix_libtools_files.sh
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:21:40
1 On 30-05-2007 00:24:08 +0200, Eduardo Mendonça wrote:
2 > After I compiled gcc 4.2 I got:
3
4 I recentely added gcc-4.2.0 to the tree. It segfaults when compiling
5 boost, so it's definitely of limited use.
6
7 I made a fix to the eclass to avoid an gcc-config: No such file or
8 directory error popping up.
9
10 > $ fix_libtool_files.sh 4.0.1
11 > /Gentoo/sbin/fix_libtool_files.sh: line 42: /etc/init.d/functions.sh: No
12 > such file or directory
15 > I don't know if it is of any help, but I think I manage to make
16 > fix_libtools_files.sh script working.
17 > First I had problems with the tags: @GENTOO_PORTAGE_EPREFIX@. This didn't
18 > work for me. So I changed them for the actual EPREFIX... I know this is not
19 > a god way to go, anyone has any comments or ideas on what might be the good
20 > change?
21
22 I think I forgot about this script. If you use @GENTOO_PORTAGE_EPREFIX@
23 you need to run the eprefixify command on the file which will replace it
24 with the actual prefix.
25
26 > Also, begin prefix portage, I removed the root restrictions... of course
27 > this seems a bad way to go a simple if-then-else could have solve it in a
28 > nicer way. Comments?
29
30 Removing it completely isn't a good idea, better leave it in comments.
31 There is no real policy on how to deal with "root restrictions" yet. In
32 fact the owner of the prefix is "root" in the prefix.
33
34 > After, I had to change awk fixlafiles script. I wrote it down if anyone
35 > needs it. I'm not 100% sure that this is ok, but it worked for me.
36
37 What's the change actually? Do you have a diff -u?
38
39 Thanks!
42 Fabian Groffen
43 Gentoo on a different level