From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Best Practice in Adopting New Ebuilds in Prefix
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 08:04:25
Hi Benda,

On 06-08-2011 10:05:40 +0900, heroxbd@×××××.com wrote:
> I guess becoming a developer particular for Gentoo Prefix is somewhat > different than that of gx86, in that I don't need to do those practice > in the overlays? > > Where should I start from now? Maybe this quiz[1]?
There is no difference in the recruitment (and status) between Prefix-enabled developers and normal Gentoo developers. (I made that Prefix-enabled up, right here ... :) ) You'll have to go through the normal Gentoo recruitment process [2], and before I grant you access to the prefix overlay [3], I ask you to fill in my Prefix quiz [1], so you learn about certain things that are often go wrong. We'll find someone to mentor you, you don't have to do that yourself. [2] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=1&chap=2 [3] http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt/browser/trunk/prefix-overlay -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo on a different level