From: "C. Bergström" <cbergstrom@×××××××××.com>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-alt@l.g.o, sandbox@g.o
Subject: Re: Success! Re: [gentoo-alt] Any interest in sandbox on (open)solaris?
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 08:44:32
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Friday 30 January 2009 07:47:20 C. Bergström wrote:
3 >
4 >> It's working! (At least with my initial tests)
5 >>
6 >> For those interested..
7 >> http://hg.osunix.org/codestr0m/osunix-overlay/src/tip/sys-apps/sandbox
8 >>
9 >> Seems there was some mknod bit committed yesterday that caused a
10 >> regression..?
13 > it is needed for correct behavior on systems that use mknod() rather than
14 > __xmknod() (BSD is the former while Linux is the latter).
15 >
16 > rather than ping/pong, i'll realized we're talking about opensolaris here and
17 > not solaris, so i can just throw together a virtualbox install of it.
18 >
19 Sounds great.. It's actually not really OpenSolaris.. It's almost all of
20 the OpenSolaris code.. Removed any encumbered bits (so far only 8 tough
21 wchar functions remain unimplemented), packaged it with ebuilds using
22 pkgcore and now finalizing a new binary package format. Currently you
23 can safely treat them as the same, but as we take on more contributors
24 in the coming months subtle differences could always pop up. Thanks for
25 all your help.
26
27 ./C