From: "C. Bergström" <cbergstrom@×××××××××.com>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-alt@l.g.o, sandbox@g.o
Subject: Re: Success! Re: [gentoo-alt] Any interest in sandbox on (open)solaris?
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 08:44:32
Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Friday 30 January 2009 07:47:20 C. Bergström wrote: > >> It's working! (At least with my initial tests) >> >> For those interested.. >> http://hg.osunix.org/codestr0m/osunix-overlay/src/tip/sys-apps/sandbox >> >> Seems there was some mknod bit committed yesterday that caused a >> regression..? >> > > it is needed for correct behavior on systems that use mknod() rather than > __xmknod() (BSD is the former while Linux is the latter). > > rather than ping/pong, i'll realized we're talking about opensolaris here and > not solaris, so i can just throw together a virtualbox install of it. >
Sounds great.. It's actually not really OpenSolaris.. It's almost all of the OpenSolaris code.. Removed any encumbered bits (so far only 8 tough wchar functions remain unimplemented), packaged it with ebuilds using pkgcore and now finalizing a new binary package format. Currently you can safely treat them as the same, but as we take on more contributors in the coming months subtle differences could always pop up. Thanks for all your help. ./C