From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: "C. Bergström" <cbergstrom@×××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-alt@l.g.o, sandbox@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Any interest in sandbox on (open)solaris?
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 00:49:57
1 On Tuesday 18 November 2008 18:32:13 C. Bergström wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > On Tuesday 18 November 2008 17:33:55 C. Bergström wrote:
4 > >> Ok. I pulled the latest git work and with a few really dirty hacks to
5 > >> the configure it was rolling..
6 > >>
7 > >> (Here's some of the output of the failure.. I haven't looked at it at
8 > >> all) http://rafb.net/p/fELaK960.html
9 > >
10 > > very first rule if you want to make this work: never post log files to an
11 > > external site, especially one like rafb.net where things expire quickly.
12 > >
13 > > you're hitting an issue with what i hinted at earlier ... symbol
14 > > versioning. iirc, the symbol version script (for our purposes) should be
15 > > the same between the GNU linker and the Solaris linker. but how you tell
16 > > the linker about the version script obviously wont be the same. you'll
17 > > have to figure that out and we can add a configure test to detect the
18 > > linker in use.
19 > >
20 > > all those warnings are kind of painful too ... probably have to find a
21 > > autoconf macro for detecting attribute support in the compiler. iirc,
22 > > glibc tends to use __GNUC__ type CPP macros though.
23 > >
24 > > the memory (xmalloc, etc...) arent too surprising. that's a bit of a
25 > > mess atm and i intend to clean that stuff up anyways ...
26 > >
27 > > the symbols.h errors are odd. probably a CPP difference between your
28 > > compiler and the GNU C compiler.
29 > >
30 > > you should figure out how solaris forces C++ exception handling. clearly
31 > > it doesnt use the same flag as GCC: -fexceptions. that'll have to be
32 > > turned into a configure compiler test as well.
33 > >
34 > > g'luck ... seems you got your work cut out for you :p
35 >
36 > Aww.. not even a little optimism? :P
37 >
38 > I could cheat and use cw which converts gcc flags over to sun cc flags
39 > and vice versa, but that's cheating..
40 >
41 > Down to the nitty gritty to get this to build.. Which is goal #1 to just
42 > get the thing to build..
43 >
44 > For "the symbols.h errors are odd. probably a CPP difference between
45 > your compiler and the GNU C compiler." did you mean
46 >
47 > "../libsbutil/sbutil.h", line 102: warning: attribute parameter
48 > "__printf__" is undefined
49
50 no, i was referring to the lines that have "symbols.h" in it. probably macro
51 pasting behavior difference ...
52
53 > 7284 inline _Bool __check_arg_fd (int fd, const char *file, const char
54 > *func, size_t line);
55
56 these functions are weird and something i know i need to clean up. i would
57 try dropping the inline/static markings from them all for now and worry about
58 the other issues ... they're probably much more important.
59 -mike