From: Michael Weiser <michael@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alt <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-alt] prefix X11 clients hang on Mac OS X 10.6
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:07:08
1 Hi there,
2
3 does anyone else have problems with X11 clients in current prefix on Mac
4 OS X 10.6? For about a month all my X11 clients hang when trying to
5 connect to either the Snow Leopard X11.app or current XQuartz. When I
6 compile against the system's X11 libraries, everything works fine. So I
7 suspect, the X11 libs in my prefix are either too new or broken somehow.
8 Is that possible?
9
10 I've emerge -ateND world 'ed multiple times to eliminate
11 versioning/linking inconsistencies or abi incompatibility as culprits.
12 No change.
13
14 Even xset q hangs. top shows it hoging a CPU core at 100%. Attaching to
15 the process with dtruss shows an endless loop of
16
17 select(0x4, 0xBFFFE0C0, 0xBFFFE040, 0x0, 0x0) = 1 0
18 recvfrom(0x3, 0x801A58, 0x1000) = -1 Err#35
19
20 Any help would be greatly appreciated.
21 --
22 Thanks,
23 Micha