From: Michael Weiser <michael@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alt <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-alt] prefix repo_name gentoo_prefix vs. gentoo
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 16:02:14
1 Hi guys,
2
3 for years I've sporadically seen messages such as
4
5 !!! Section 'gentoo' in repos.conf has name different from repository name 'gentoo_prefix' set inside repository
6
7 when calling emerge --sync et.al. without any negative effects. Today it
8 finally caused me grief, because crossdev's heuristic for finding the
9 first overlay selected $EPREFIX/usr/portage instead of
10 $PREFIX/usr/local/portage.
11
12 So I looked into what it does: It calls portageq
13 repositories_configuration $EPREFIX and on my system that gives:
14
15 # portageq repositories_configuration /usr/local/gentoo/
16 !!! Section 'gentoo' in repos.conf has name different from repository name 'gentoo_prefix' set inside repository
17 [DEFAULT]
18 auto-sync = yes
19 main-repo = gentoo
20
21 [gentoo]
22 aliases = gentoo
23 auto-sync = yes
24 location = /usr/local/gentoo/usr/portage
25 masters =
26 priority = -1000
27
28 [gentoo_prefix]
29 aliases = gentoo
30 auto-sync = yes
31 location = /usr/local/gentoo/usr/portage
32 masters =
33 priority = -1000
34
35 [local]
36 auto-sync = yes
37 location = /usr/local/gentoo/usr/local/portage
38 masters = gentoo_prefix
39 priority = 0
40
41 Mhmm. I do not have any repos.conf in $EPREFIX/etc/portage. So as a quick hack
42 I went and replaced gentoo_prefix by gentoo in $PORTDIR/metatada/layout.conf,
43 $PORTDIR/profiles/metadata, $EPREFIX/usr/share/portage/config/repos.conf and
44 $PORTAGE_OVERLAY/metadata/layout.conf (masters).
45
46 That got rid of above warning, portageq now shows
47
48 # portageq repositories_configuration /usr/local/gentoo
49 [DEFAULT]
50 auto-sync = yes
51 main-repo = gentoo
52
53 [gentoo]
54 aliases = gentoo
55 auto-sync = yes
56 location = /usr/local/gentoo/usr/portage
57 masters =
58 priority = -1000
59 sync-type = rsync
60 sync-uri = rsync://rsync.prefix.bitzolder.nl/gentoo-portage-prefix
61 sync-rsync-extra-opts = None
62
63 [local]
64 auto-sync = yes
65 location = /usr/local/gentoo/usr/local/portage
66 masters = gentoo
67 priority = 0
68
69 ... and crossdev correctly selects $EPREFIX/usr/local/portage as first overlay.
70
71 Is there something wrong with my setup or can someone else seeing this as well?
72
73 Thanks,
74 --
75 Michael