From: heroxbd@×××××.com
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Gentoo RAP bootstrap script
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 04:52:13
1 Dear all,
2
3 This is a follow up of Prefix libc announcement
4
5 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.alt/6638
6
7 As you know, we are forming a GLEP to standardize the solution, and
8 codenamed this variant of Gentoo /RAP/.
9
10 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/87466
11
12 Here we announce the bootstrap script of RAP at
13
14 http://dev.gentoo.org/~heroxbd/bootstrap-rap.sh
15
16 which is based on the official Prefix one, and exclusive to linux.
19 The highlights of RAP (which is different from Prefix) are,
20
21 1. newest glibc from Gentoo tree, no legacy glibc issues
22
23 2. implicit keywording, treating * and *-linux equally.
24 For example, we accept 'amd64' as well as 'amd64-linux'
25
26 3. multilib possible. Though not fully tested, we have multilib
27 support in mind and maintain compatibility with Gentoo. For example
28 on amd64, we systematically use $EPREFIX/{usr/,}lib64. Thanks to
29 our own dynamic linker from glibc.
32 You are welcomed to try it out and give feedbacks.
35 My credits goes to my fellow Ruud Koolen (redlizard), my mentor Luca
36 Barbato (lu_zero) and Rick Farina (Zero_Chaos) who has always been
37 encouraging us to put this plan into reality.
38
39 More follows.
40
41 Cheers,