From: Maurice Volaski <mvolaski@××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] RE: [Q on OpenSolaris] Why can't emerge read config.sub?
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 07:14:09
1 > >
2 >> Emerge moves onward a little until it fails with
3 >> configure: error: can not run
4 >> /opt/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4/work/gcc-
5 >> 4.2.4/config.sub
6 >> * ERROR: sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4 failed:
7 >> * failed to run configure
8 >
9 >This is all? Could you give a little more of the screen output? I think
10 >there must be something else hiding somewhere in there :)
13 No, that's it. What is it trying to do, execute config.sub? The file
14 is there, but it wants an argument of some sort when I try to run it
15 manually.
16
17 Earlier, I had trouble because emerge was trying to use OpenSolaris
18 make and not Gentoo's. Perhaps, there is an analogous error for some
19 other executable.
22 Maurice Volaski, mvolaski@××××××××.edu
23 Computing Support, Rose F. Kennedy Center
24 Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University
25 --
26 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list