From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] profile moves
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 21:55:43
1 Hi all,
2
3 Soon we will move all profiles from the one location into the other.
4 The short reason why we do this, is simply because gentoo-x86 has
5 decided to restructure their profiles tree a while ago, and we best
6 "follow" their structure. For Linux users this has the added advantage
7 of inheriting the masks etc. from Gentoo Linux, which makes sense.
8
9 Before we start deprecating the profiles, I'd like to ask the
10 adventurous at heart to try out the new profiles and report if
11 everything works (as normal).
12
13 In order to do so execute the following operations using bash:
14 $ cd ${EPREFIX}/etc/
15 $ MYPROFILE=$(readlink make.profile)
16 $ rm make.profile
17 $ ln -s ${MYPROFILE/default-prefix/prefix} make.profile
18
19 Then verify with `emerge --version` that your profile points to
20 something starting with "prefix/XXXX" instead of "default-prefix/XXXX".
21
22 Afterwards, all should work as before. Please report!
26 Fabian Groffen
27 Gentoo on a different level