From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] if you love your prefix, don't update your tree
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 07:23:36
1 On 05-04-2007 17:26:25 +0200, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
2 > > > And portage says this for solaris and aix:
3 > > >
4 > > > Calculating world dependencies /
5 > > > !!! Ebuilds for the following packages are either all
6 > > > !!! masked or don't exist:
7 > > > virtual/libc virtual/os-headers
8 > >
9 > > I noticed that too.
10 > >
11 > > > On Linux, I just get this one:
12 > > >
13 > > > Calculating world dependencies /
14 > > > !!! Ebuilds for the following packages are either all
15 > > > !!! masked or don't exist:
16 > > > virtual/os-headers
17
18 With some help from zmedico, I now at least got rid of virtual/libc and
19 virtual/os-headers on Darwin and Solaris by removing them from the
20 packages list inherited from base. It makes sense, as we will never
21 install those, right? So no need to require them to be installed.
25 Fabian Groffen
26 Gentoo on a different level
27 --
28 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list