From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Best Practice in Adopting New Ebuilds in Prefix
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 06:44:51
1 On 10-08-2011 10:17:27 +0900, heroxbd@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Dear Fabian,
3 >
4 > After reading through the recruitment process[1], I think the process
5 > for me is like this. Correct me if I misunderstood something.
6 >
7 > 1. I will have a mentor (one of the Prefix developer?) and he would open
8 > a bug for me.
9
10 Yup
11
12 > 2. I send the ebuild quiz to my mentor and the Gentoo recruiters
13 > recruiters@g.o
14
15 First you go with your mentor over it until your mentor is happy with
16 your answers.
17
18 > 3. After the normal Gentoo recruitment process is finished. At this
19 > point I am a Gentoo developer (oy~). Then I take the Prefix quiz for
20 > prefix tree access (or I can do the two in parallel?)
21
22 After the first quiz, you can also work on the Prefix quiz, so you
23 basically get both at the same time.
24
25 > So now I need to figure out who would be my mentor.
26
27 Unless someone else volunteers, that'll be me. :)
31 Fabian Groffen
32 Gentoo on a different level