From: "François Bissey" <francois.bissey@×××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] prefix on ppc64
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 01:08:19
1 Hi,
2
3 I am currently installing and toying with a prefix
4 on SLES11SP1 on a power7 (ppc64) machine. Because the
5 distro so old I am also going to try RAP on it.
6
7 I had a surprising issue while installing layman.
8 It failed to install dev-scheme/guile on further
9 inspection I finally noticed that it was trying to
10 install dev-scheme/guile-2.0 which is package.mask.
11 For some reasons I had to mask it manually in
12 etc/portage/package.mask.
13
14 I don't remember having that kind of issue in my
15 other prefix install. Is it an expected behaviour?
16 Is it because I am using something highly exotic?
17
18 Looking further into why I got guile in the first
19 place it looks like it has been pulled by a version of
20 gnutls that is itself in package.mask. So it is not
21 just that particular package.
22
23 Francois