From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alt] [PREFInteriX] debugging on Interix?
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 06:25:56
3 > > short version:
4 > > rsync segfaults when being used on Interix, how do I debug
5
6 Uhm, i forgot: i used the rsync from our tree on interix successfully before on interix.......
9 > Short (but late :)) answer:
10 > Use /opt/gcc.3.3/bin/gdb. Even on SUA 6.0 where gcc > 4 can be used,
11 > this is still the debugger to use. (beware: you may have to set
12 > LD_LIBRARY_PATH and such...)
15 > > long version:
16 > > Emerged rsync segfaults when trying to use it with our rsync tree
17 > > (that sux0rz), and it dumps code. gdb isn't keyworded for x86-
18 > interix.
19 > > Is it possible at all to debug on this platform? How to get a clue
20 > > what's going wrong and how to fix it... (rsync would be great
21 > afterall,
22 > > since Interix isn't the fastest bird in town...)
23 >
24 > I found /opt/gcc.3.3/bin/gdb working most of the time. Sometimes it
25 > doesn't, but I haven't figured out what was going wrong there (I guess
26 > it was shared libs...). I also found truss usefull sometimes.
27 >
28 > Cheers, Markus
31 > > --
32 > > Fabian Groffen