From: Dirk Tilger <dirk@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Mesa header in media-libs/apple-opengl-2
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 16:35:49
Hi,

while working on getting Mesa to compile on my Mac through Gentoo-prefix
I noticed that apparently a Mesa already comes with MacOSX. The
media-libs/apple-opengl package (which is an adaptor of the OS-OpenGL
into the prefix) under MacOSX contains also a symlink for GL/osmesa.h,
see:

http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt/changeset/34132/trunk/prefix-overlay/media-libs/apple-opengl/apple-opengl-1.ebuild

The interface osmesa.h specifies is for offline rendering only. It is a
mesa centric interface. I would therefore vote for it to be removed and
instead provided by a mesa package (that I'm happily willing to
contribute as soon as it works).

The mesa coming with the MacOS is version 4 according to the headers,
while the current mesa is 7.4.

Br,
Dirk.