From: Peter Abrahamsen <rainhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Proposal: use git instead of rsync for syncing of prefix portage tree
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 20:03:59
1 I haven't stayed tuned to this conversation on the Gentoo side, but Funtoo has git working well for them. I believe drobbins is working on abstracting the repository so it could in theory be accessed over HTTP.
2
3 I don't know how Funtoo intends to get around the problem of having to have the full history of the portage tree just to sync. Maybe there's some trick, like resetting each year to a new branch rooted at a squash commit of last year's branch.
4
5 Peter
6