From: Peter Waller <peter.waller@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Upgrade your Portage
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 13:28:03
1 It seems dangerous to expect people using prefix to see this email? Can't
2 you do this in a way that people installing the package notice?
3
4 On 29 September 2010 15:13, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
5
6 > A word of warning to all Prefix users:
7 >
8 > Tomorrow I will commit a long overdue version bump of openssl (1.0.0a).
9 > Recent Portage versions had non-functional preserve-libs functionality,
10 > which causes this upgrade of openssl to severely BREAK YOUR SYSTEM.
11 > (Portage won't work any more)
12 >
13 > Make sure you upgrade Portage to version 2.2.01.16706 or above before
14 > you upgrade your openssl, or you'll have to hack some files to get
15 > yourself going again (like I had to when I found out).
18 > --
19 > Fabian Groffen
20 > Gentoo on a different level