From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] take arm-linux
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 15:11:25
On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 6:33 AM,  <heroxbd@×××××.com> wrote:
> Dear all, > > I am going to maintain arm-linux. Just made an update to > >  http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix > > One thing I want to try is just to use arm to represent arm-linux. > > GLEP22 defines that ${arch} defaults ${arch}-linux. We are treating x86 > and x86-linux differently just for maintaining a separate prefix > tree. Now that gx86 are merged into prefix, and soon they will be one, > it is reasonable to expect arch-linux and arch finally to be merged, > too. > > arm and arm-linux would be a first trial. Let's hope it can prove the > concept.
arm-linux profiles already exist. I proved it was easy to do years ago so I'm confused on what you are trying to do. However, do not add any arm-linux keywords to the tree! Also, you are extremely confused about what it means now that gx86 and prefix are "merged" (Hint, nothing changed and nothing is more or less 'merged'). I am also confused about what you mean by "expect arch-linux and arch finally to be merged" -- 'x86-linux' will never become 'x86' -Jeremy