From: Alan Hourihane <alanh@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] force binary only install
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 16:36:35
1 On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 17:22 +0100, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
2 >
3 > Alan Hourihane wrote:
4 > > Is there any way to only install binary packages and refuse source
5 > > builds ?
6 > >
7 > > I know emerge -k... with get binaries and if not found will build from
8 > > source, but I want to totally bail if the binary (and binary
9 > > dependencies) isn't found.
10 >
11 > Sounds like 'emerge -K' is what you need.
12
13 Yikes, don't know how I missed that.
14
15 What would be nice now though is that specified as a FEATURE=".." line
16 so it doesn't have to be implicit on the command line.
17
18 Would a patch for that be accepted ?
19
20 Alan.