From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alt] bug in bootstrap-prefix.sh
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 09:25:29
> > Le 19 mai 08 à 08:33, Markus Duft a écrit : > > >> > >> in function bootstrap_tree, when directories are created > >> for x in etc usr/{,s}bin var/tmp var/lib/portage var/log/ > >> portage var/db; > >> do > >> [[ -d ${ROOT}/${x} ]] || mkdir -p "${ROOT}/${x}" > >> done > >> I think {,s}bin. It breaks the installation of bash, and so $EPREFIX/ > >> bin/sh is missing, and that breaks the gcc installation. > > > > This worked many times on different platforms for me. I can't see > > how this should break bootstrap? Why do you think, the {,s}bin is > > the problem? I have bin/sh in the right places in my prefixes... > > It breaks silently for Solaris x86_64 during the installation of > bash-3.2_p17-r1. And latter, the installation of gcc stopped, because > config.sub is launched by $EPREFIX/bin/sh.
This still doesn't answer my questions. How can the existence of those directories break installing of bash? Could it be, that the permissions are somehow b0rked, so that sh cannot be copied/linked there? But much more would break if this where the case I think?
The question is not for what it is needed, but rather why the flags aren't passed in for your build, and why they _are_ passed in for my builds. Cheers, Markus