From: Michael Haubenwallner <michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [prefix][linux] toolchain-binutils.eclass breaks prefix ongentoo-linux
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 08:30:28
Hi,

I've tried to bootstrap my prefix on a native gentoo linux, and when
upgrading binutils from 2.16.1 to 2.17.* I ended up with broken binutils
wrappers in prefix, if 2.16.1 is installed natively too.

Attached is a patch to fix this:
The real problem is that "[[ ! -e ${BINPATH}/ld ]]", because BINPATH
does not contain EPREFIX.
Now when same version is installed natively, ${BINPATH}/ld exists
unprefixed, resulting in not switching to newer binutils in prefix.

The other problem is: "env -i binutils-config ..." will not use
"$EPREFIX/usr/bin/binutils-config", but "/usr/bin/binutils-config", with
all possible kind of followup problems.

/haubi/

--
Salomon Automation GmbH - Friesachstrasse 15 - A-8114 Friesach bei Graz
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Friesach bei Graz

toolchain-binutils-config.patch text/x-patch