From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] prefix-overlay upcoming repository change
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 08:27:40
1 All,
2
3 With the original overlays.gentoo.org Subversion repo back up, we were
4 able to grab all history, and convert it into a mercurial form. Since
5 this history was not available when I started the prefix-overlay, we
6 have two sets of history now. I want to replace the existing
7 prefix-overlay with the one I created that contains the merger of all
8 history + mercurial commits. This requires everyone that has cloned
9 this repo, to clone the new one. Therefore, I have revoked commit
10 rights to the prefix-overlay, as new commits shouldn't go there.
11
12 The conversion of old history was more complex than simply importing it
13 due to some operations like big renames in the past. I took the time to
14 actually get this right, and glue everything together in a nice way.
15 Because the current prefix-overlay has just a minimal amount of commits,
16 I think that now is the time that we still can easily avoid ugly merge
17 constructs and multiple initial commits in our repo, by converting
18 everything into a single repo. However, since this changes the
19 changesets involved, this repo is a new and unrelated one to the current
20 prefix-overlay. Therefore, everyone needs to reclone it.
21
22 Please take a look at:
23 http://prefix.gentooexperimental.org/hg/prefix-tree
24 It has history back to:
25 http://prefix.gentooexperimental.org/hg/prefix-tree/log?rev=0
26
27 Those who got push access to the prefix-overlay, got it for this new
28 prefix-tree repo.
29
30 Sorry for the inconvenience,
31