From: Ramon van Alteren <ramon@××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Lion and vers_string
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 18:17:47
Hey Charles,

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 01:29, Charles Davis <cdavis@××××××××××××.edu> wrote:
> > On Mar 2, 2012, at 1:46 PM, Ramon van Alteren wrote: >> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 19:13, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote: >>> On 02-03-2012 17:15:21 +0100, Ramon van Alteren wrote: >>>> I'm trying to get prefix working on my shiney new spotify laptop which >>>> came with Lion and I am running into problems with binutils-apple >>>> I have the gcc-4.2.1 version header but the compilation for >>>> binutils-apple fails due to missing vers_string. >>>> >>>> Any idea where I should get that ? > Here, you can have mine, assuming you accept the APSL 1.0 ;).
Yes I do, thanx... That solved the issue.
> For your reference, the Apple package (on opensource.apple.com) that contains this is bootstrap_cmds.
OK, picked that up as well, compiling it as a xcode project failed on my machine because of a missing Makefile in /Developer which seems to be the issue in general. It looks like Apple decided to change locations and move stuff around. How did you install your version ? /Ramon