From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alt] bug in bootstrap-prefix.sh
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 06:38:35
> > in function bootstrap_tree, when directories are created > for x in etc usr/{,s}bin var/tmp var/lib/portage var/log/ > portage var/db; > do > [[ -d ${ROOT}/${x} ]] || mkdir -p "${ROOT}/${x}" > done > I think {,s}bin. It breaks the installation of bash, and so $EPREFIX/ > bin/sh is missing, and that breaks the gcc installation.
This worked many times on different platforms for me. I can't see how this should break bootstrap? Why do you think, the {,s}bin is the problem? I have bin/sh in the right places in my prefixes...
> > And in the bash ebuild, I think that you could had > CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD="$CFLAGS". I don't know why, but that's the CFLAGS > using by bash for building.
CFLAGS are passed correctly to bash build. Of that I am sure (haven't tried right now though), since on interix I must pass custom flags (which works, otherwise I couldn't build...). Could it be that CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD is set to CFLAGS somewhere by configure or so, if it's not set? This at least sounds plausible to me :) Cheers, Markus