From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: emerge gcc 4.4.x/4.5.x fails on CentOS 5.5
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 13:02:17
1 On 24-09-2011 08:58:00 -0400, Martin Luessi wrote:
2 > >> If my time allows it, I'll look into it in five minutes, this is just a
3 > >> message to everyone having this issue that there may be a light on the
4 > >> horizon! ;)
5 > >
6 > > try USE=vanilla, see if that works
7 >
8 > Be careful with that. I was able to install gcc 4.5 using -vanilla bit
9 > then later on random packages would fail to compile. In particular I
10 > had a problem with libxml2, which seemed to get linked to system
11 > libraries instead of the ones in prefix. I'm not sure if this is
12 > related, all I know is that the problem goes away when using gcc 4.2.
13
14 You're absolutely right. It was meant as try to see if one of the
15 patches affected the build. The produced GCC is unusable in Prefix
16 indeed.
17
18 > Also, have a look at the gcc ebuild the regular portage tree, gcc
19 > 4.5.2 requires >=glibc.2.8, I assume there is a reason for that.
23 Fabian Groffen
24 Gentoo on a different level