From: heroxbd@×××××.com
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: please don't use html
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 17:23:55
1 Hello Perry,
2
3 Please do not argue off-topics on the entire list.
4
5 Enabling HTML without Content-Type: multipart/alternative is
6 non-standard http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML_e-mail
7
8 Isn't it possible to set your MUA to send plain text as default?
9
10 Yours,
11 Benda
12
13 Perry Smith <pedzsan@×××××.com> writes:
14
15 > I can try. I need to hit shift-command-T before I sent the message
16 > but there is nothing nagging me to do that.
17 >
18 > I must ask that isn't it time to change? I use to be on your side 12
19 > years ago but HTML in email has been with us for 15+ years now. It
20 > just isn't that hard to either take the text only part of it or
21 > sanitize the html. 15 years is a very long time to procrastinate
22 > doing something that would help lots of people.
23 >
24 > The other choice which would help me is just reject the email. Then
25 > it comes back to me, I can covert the message, and send it a 2nd time.
26 > Its a small hassle but something that a few lists use to do.
27 >
28 > Within the past five years, I find fewer and fewer lists that have
29 > this restriction. I can't recall a list that has this restriction
30 > except the gentoo list at this point. It is a somewhat negative
31 > "sales" characteristic for gentoo to make this restriction.
34 XU Benda
35 Research Center for Neutrino Science
36 Tohoku University
37 JAPAN